Microsoft Offers Get Genuine Windows: Full Operating Systems Versions Now Available
As part of the recent updates to the Microsoft Software Donation Program, Microsoft made donations of full versions of its Windows operating systems available through the Microsoft Get Genuine program.
Your organization might have PCs with illegal, free, or basic operating systems — either from accepting donated machines or buying the computers at bargain-basement prices. Microsoft’s Get Genuine program offers your organization a one-time chance to get your existing computers running fully legitimate and upgradable Windows operating systems, enabling your organization to easily upgrade through TechSoup when a more recent OS version is needed or released.
To be eligible for the Get Genuine donations, the existing computers on which your organization will install the full Windows OS software must currently have one of the following:
· Counterfeit, pirated, or otherwise illegal, unlicensed, or improperly licensed Windows operating systems
· Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter editions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista
· Home or Starter editions of Windows XP
· Linux, FreeDOS, or other operating systems
· No operating systems
Special Rules for Get Genuine Product Requests:
· Eligible organizations may place only one request ever for Get Genuine products.
· Requests for Get Genuine products may not contain any other products.
· During check-out, the Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organizations must be accepted on behalf of the organization.
Request Get Genuine Products here
Request Carefully — Get Genuine Windows OS Products Are a One-Time Donation
Microsoft-eligible organizations can request donations of full Get Genuine Windows operating systems only once, ever, so please make sure to plan your request carefully. Since the Get Genuine products are part of the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group, a request for this product will count against your two-year cycle allotment of 50 licenses in the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group.
Windows Upgrade Still Available
If your existing PCs already have a qualifying base operating system in place, you can still request the Windows OS Upgrades donations that TechSoup has always offered. Since you only have one chance to request Get Genuine Windows OS products ever, you should request the standard upgrade products if you have one of the following qualified, base Operating Systems already in place on your machine:
· Enterprise, Professional, or Ultimate editions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista
· XP Professional version of Windows XP
· Windows 2000 Professional
· Windows NT Workstation 4.0
· Windows 98 (2nd Edition)
· Apple Macintosh
Still Have Questions? Easily see what you can request from Microsoft: To help you manage your Microsoft donations, TechSoup has created the Microsoft Donation Center (accessible from the Donation Request/History page under My Account), where nonprofits can get all key details in one place. Organizations can easily track what they’ve received so far, what remains of their software allotment, when their cycle resets, and the value of Microsoft software donations to date.
Help Us Donate More: Spread the word!Many organizations have benefited from software donations from Microsoft, but there are many more still to reach! Help us spread the word to our fellow nonprofits. Check out this great video on the impact of Microsoft software donations and share it with your networks. You can find more on Facebook and follow via Twitter @mfstcitizenship.